Aliases for NLRC5 Gene
- Nucleotide-Binding Oligomerization Domain, Leucine Rich Repeat And CARD Domain Containing 5 3
- Nucleotide-Binding Oligomerization Domain Protein 27 4
- Leucine Rich Repeat And CARD Domain Containing 5 2
- Nucleotide-Binding Oligomerization Domains 27 3
- Nucleotide-Binding Oligomerization Domain 2
- Protein NLRC5 3
External Ids for NLRC5 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for NLRC5 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the caspase recruitment domain-containing NLR family. This gene plays a role in cytokine response and antiviral immunity through its inhibition of NF-kappa-B activation and negative regulation of type I interferon signaling pathways. [provided by RefSeq, Oct 2011]
GeneCards Summary for NLRC5 Gene
NLRC5 (NLR Family, CARD Domain Containing 5) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are RIG-I/MDA5 mediated induction of IFN-alpha/beta pathways and RIG-I/MDA5 mediated induction of IFN-alpha/beta pathways. GO annotations related to this gene include RNA polymerase II core promoter sequence-specific DNA binding. An important paralog of this gene is NLRX1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for NLRC5 Gene
Probable regulator of the NF-kappa-B and type I interferon signaling pathways. May also regulate the type II interferon signaling pathway. Plays a role in homeostatic control of innate immunity and in antiviral defense mechanisms.