Aliases for NFATC2IP Gene
- Nuclear Factor Of Activated T Cells 2 Interacting Protein 2 3
- Nuclear Factor Of Activated T-Cells, Cytoplasmic, Calcineurin-Dependent 2 Interacting Protein 2 3
- Nuclear Factor Of Activated T-Cells, Cytoplasmic 2-Interacting Protein 3 4
- Nuclear Factor Of Activated T-Cells 2 Interacting Protein 2 5
- 45 KDa NF-AT-Interacting Protein 3 4
- 45 KDa NFAT-Interacting Protein 3 4
External Ids for NFATC2IP Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for NFATC2IP Gene
GeneCards Summary for NFATC2IP Gene
NFATC2IP (Nuclear Factor Of Activated T Cells 2 Interacting Protein) is a Protein Coding gene.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for NFATC2IP Gene
In T-helper 2 (Th2) cells, regulates the magnitude of NFAT-driven transcription of a specific subset of cytokine genes, including IL3, IL4, IL5 and IL13, but not IL2. Recruits PRMT1 to the IL4 promoter; this leads to enhancement of histone H4 Arg-3-methylation and facilitates subsequent histone acetylation at the IL4 locus, thus promotes robust cytokine expression (By similarity). Down-regulates formation of poly-SUMO chains by UBE2I/UBC9 (By similarity).