Aliases for NEK4 Gene
- NIMA Related Kinase 4 2 3 5
- NIMA (Never In Mitosis Gene A)-Related Kinase 4 2 3
- Serine/Threonine-Protein Kinase NRK2 3 4
- Never In Mitosis A-Related Kinase 4 3 4
- Serine/Threonine Protein Kinase-2 2 3
- Serine/Threonine-Protein Kinase 2 3 4
- NimA-Related Protein Kinase 4 3 4
- Serine/Threonine Kinase 2 2 3
External Ids for NEK4 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for NEK4 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for NEK4 Gene
GeneCards Summary for NEK4 Gene
NEK4 (NIMA Related Kinase 4) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Sweet Taste Signaling. GO annotations related to this gene include transferase activity, transferring phosphorus-containing groups and protein tyrosine kinase activity. An important paralog of this gene is NEK1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for NEK4 Gene
Protein kinase that seems to act exclusively upon threonine residues (By similarity). Required for normal entry into proliferative arrest after a limited number of cell divisions, also called replicative senescence. Required for normal cell cycle arrest in response to double-stranded DNA damage.