Aliases for NDUFS6 Gene
- NADH:Ubiquinone Oxidoreductase Subunit S6 2 3 5
- NADH Dehydrogenase (Ubiquinone) Fe-S Protein 6, 13kDa (NADH-Coenzyme Q Reductase) 2 3
- NADH-Ubiquinone Oxidoreductase 13 KDa-A Subunit 3 4
- Complex I 13kDa Subunit A 2 3
- CI-13kD-A 3 4
- NADH Dehydrogenase (Ubiquinone) Fe-S Protein 6 (13kD) (NADH-Coenzyme Q Reductase) 2
- Complex I, Mitochondrial Respiratory Chain, 13-KD Subunit 3
External Ids for NDUFS6 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for NDUFS6 Gene
This gene encodes a subunit of the NADH:ubiquinone oxidoreductase (complex I), which is the first enzyme complex in the electron transport chain of mitochondria. This complex functions in the transfer of electrons from NADH to the respiratory chain. The subunit encoded by this gene is one of seven subunits in the iron-sulfur protein fraction. Mutations in this gene cause mitochondrial complex I deficiency, a disease that causes a wide variety of clinical disorders, including neonatal disease and adult-onset neurodegenerative disorders.[provided by RefSeq, Oct 2009]
GeneCards Summary for NDUFS6 Gene
NDUFS6 (NADH:Ubiquinone Oxidoreductase Subunit S6) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with NDUFS6 include mitochondrial complex i deficiency and leigh syndrome. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Metformin Pathway, Pharmacodynamics. GO annotations related to this gene include electron carrier activity and NADH dehydrogenase (ubiquinone) activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for NDUFS6 Gene
Accessory subunit of the mitochondrial membrane respiratory chain NADH dehydrogenase (Complex I), that is believed not to be involved in catalysis. Complex I functions in the transfer of electrons from NADH to the respiratory chain. The immediate electron acceptor for the enzyme is believed to be ubiquinone.