Aliases for NDUFS3 Gene
- NADH:Ubiquinone Oxidoreductase Core Subunit S3 2 3 5
- NADH Dehydrogenase (Ubiquinone) Fe-S Protein 3, 30kDa (NADH-Coenzyme Q Reductase) 2 3
- NADH-Ubiquinone Oxidoreductase 30 KDa Subunit 3 4
- Complex I 30kDa Subunit 2 3
- Complex I-30kD 3 4
- CI-30kD 3 4
- NADH Dehydrogenase (Ubiquinone) Fe-S Protein 3 (30kD) (NADH-Coenzyme Q Reductase) 2
- NADH Dehydrogenase [Ubiquinone] Iron-Sulfur Protein 3 2
External Ids for NDUFS3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for NDUFS3 Gene
This gene encodes one of the iron-sulfur protein (IP) components of mitochondrial NADH:ubiquinone oxidoreductase (complex I). Mutations in this gene are associated with Leigh syndrome resulting from mitochondrial complex I deficiency.[provided by RefSeq, Apr 2009]
GeneCards Summary for NDUFS3 Gene
NDUFS3 (NADH:Ubiquinone Oxidoreductase Core Subunit S3) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with NDUFS3 include mitochondrial complex i deficiency and leigh syndrome. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Doxorubicin Pathway, Pharmacokinetics. GO annotations related to this gene include electron carrier activity and oxidoreductase activity, acting on NAD(P)H.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for NDUFS3 Gene
Core subunit of the mitochondrial membrane respiratory chain NADH dehydrogenase (Complex I) that is believed to belong to the minimal assembly required for catalysis. Complex I functions in the transfer of electrons from NADH to the respiratory chain. The immediate electron acceptor for the enzyme is believed to be ubiquinone (By similarity).