Aliases for NDUFB8 Gene
- NADH:Ubiquinone Oxidoreductase Subunit B8 2 3 5
- NADH Dehydrogenase (Ubiquinone) 1 Beta Subcomplex, 8, 19kDa 2 3
- NADH-Ubiquinone Oxidoreductase ASHI Subunit 3 4
- Complex I ASHI Subunit 2 3
- Complex I-ASHI 3 4
- CI-ASHI 3 4
- NADH Dehydrogenase (Ubiquinone) 1 Beta Subcomplex, 8 (19kD, ASHI) 2
- NADH:Ubiquinone Oxidoreductase ASHI Subunit 3
- ASHI 3
External Ids for NDUFB8 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for NDUFB8 Gene
GeneCards Summary for NDUFB8 Gene
NDUFB8 (NADH:Ubiquinone Oxidoreductase Subunit B8) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with NDUFB8 include hordeolum and epicondylitis. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Respiratory electron transport, ATP synthesis by chemiosmotic coupling, and heat production by uncoupling proteins.. GO annotations related to this gene include NADH dehydrogenase (ubiquinone) activity and NADH dehydrogenase activity. An important paralog of this gene is ENSG00000255339.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for NDUFB8 Gene
Accessory subunit of the mitochondrial membrane respiratory chain NADH dehydrogenase (Complex I), that is believed not to be involved in catalysis. Complex I functions in the transfer of electrons from NADH to the respiratory chain. The immediate electron acceptor for the enzyme is believed to be ubiquinone.