Aliases for NDC80 Gene
- Highly Expressed In Cancer, Rich In Leucine Heptad Repeats (Yeast) 2
- NDC80 Kinetochore Complex Component Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- Highly Expressed In Cancer, Rich In Leucine Heptad Repeats 3
- NDC80 Homolog, Kinetochore Complex Component 3
- NDC80 Kinetochore Complex Component Homolog 3
- Kinetochore Protein NDC80 Homolog 3
- HsNDC80 3
- TID3 3
External Ids for NDC80 Gene
Previous Symbols for NDC80 Gene
This gene encodes a component of the NDC80 kinetochore complex. The encoded protein consists of an N-terminal microtubule binding domain and a C-terminal coiled-coiled domain that interacts with other components of the complex. This protein functions to organize and stabilize microtubule-kinetochore interactions and is required for proper chromosome segregation. [provided by RefSeq, Oct 2011]
GeneCards Summary for NDC80 Gene
NDC80 (NDC80 Kinetochore Complex Component) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with NDC80 include retinoblastoma. Among its related pathways are Cell Cycle, Mitotic and Cell Cycle, Mitotic.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for NDC80 Gene
Acts as a component of the essential kinetochore-associated NDC80 complex, which is required for chromosome segregation and spindle checkpoint activity. Required for kinetochore integrity and the organization of stable microtubule binding sites in the outer plate of the kinetochore.