Aliases for NBR1 Gene
- Neighbor Of BRCA1 Gene 1 2 3
- M17S2 3 4 6
- Membrane Component, Chromosome 17, Surface Marker 2 (Ovarian Carcinoma Antigen CA125) 2 3
- Cell Migration-Inducing Gene 19 Protein 3 4
- Membrane Component Chromosome 17 Surface Marker 2 4
- Neighbor Of BRCA1 Gene 1 Protein 4
- Migration-Inducing Protein 19 3
- Next To BRCA1 Gene 1 Protein 3
External Ids for NBR1 Gene
Previous Symbols for NBR1 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene was originally identified as an ovarian tumor antigen monitored in ovarian cancer. The encoded protein contains a B-box/coiled-coil motif, which is present in many genes with transformation potential. It functions as a specific autophagy receptor for the selective autophagic degradation of peroxisomes by forming intracellular inclusions with ubiquitylated autophagic substrates. This gene is located on a region of chromosome 17q21.1 that is in close proximity to the BRCA1 tumor suppressor gene. Alternative splicing of this gene results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Apr 2014]
GeneCards Summary for NBR1 Gene
NBR1 (Neighbor Of BRCA1 Gene 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with NBR1 include synucleinopathy. GO annotations related to this gene include ubiquitin binding and mitogen-activated protein kinase binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for NBR1 Gene
Acts probably as a receptor for selective autophagosomal degradation of ubiquitinated targets.