Aliases for NACA2 Gene
- Nascent Polypeptide-Associated Complex Alpha Subunit 2 2 3
- Alpha-NAC Protein 2 3
- NACAL 3 4
- Nascent-Polypeptide-Associated Complex Alpha Polypeptide-Like 2
- IgE Autoantigen Alpha-Nascent Polypeptide-Associated Complex 3
- Nascent Polypeptide-Associated Complex, Alpha Polypeptide, 2 3
- Nascent Polypeptide-Associated Complex Subunit Alpha-Like 4
External Ids for NACA2 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for NACA2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for NACA2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for NACA2 Gene
NACA2 (Nascent Polypeptide-Associated Complex Alpha Subunit 2) is a Protein Coding gene. GO annotations related to this gene include transcription coactivator activity and TBP-class protein binding. An important paralog of this gene is NACA.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for NACA2 Gene
Prevents inappropriate targeting of non-secretory polypeptides to the endoplasmic reticulum (ER). Binds to nascent polypeptide chains as they emerge from the ribosome and blocks their interaction with the signal recognition particle (SRP), which normally targets nascent secretory peptides to the ER. Also reduces the inherent affinity of ribosomes for protein translocation sites in the ER membrane (M sites) (By similarity).