Aliases for NABP2 Gene
- Nucleic Acid Binding Protein 2 2 3
- Sensor Of Single-Strand DNA Complex Subunit B1 2 3 4
- Oligonucleotide/Oligosaccharide-Binding Fold-Containing Protein 2B 3 4
- Oligonucleotide/Oligosaccharide-Binding Fold Containing 2B 2 3
- Single-Stranded DNA-Binding Protein 1 3 4
- Single Strand DNA-Binding Protein 1 2 3
- Nucleic Acid-Binding Protein 2 3 4
External Ids for NABP2 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for NABP2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for NABP2 Gene
Single-stranded DNA (ssDNA)-binding proteins, such as OBFC2B, are ubiquitous and essential for a variety of DNA metabolic processes, including replication, recombination, and detection and repair of damage (Richard et al., 2008 [PubMed 18449195]).[supplied by OMIM, Jun 2008]
GeneCards Summary for NABP2 Gene
NABP2 (Nucleic Acid Binding Protein 2) is a Protein Coding gene. GO annotations related to this gene include nucleic acid binding and single-stranded DNA binding. An important paralog of this gene is NABP1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for NABP2 Gene
Component of the SOSS complex, a multiprotein complex that functions downstream of the MRN complex to promote DNA repair and G2/M checkpoint. In the SOSS complex, acts as a sensor of single-stranded DNA that binds to single-stranded DNA, in particular to polypyrimidines. The SOSS complex associates with DNA lesions and influences diverse endpoints in the cellular DNA damage response including cell-cycle checkpoint activation, recombinational repair and maintenance of genomic stability. Required for efficient homologous recombination-dependent repair of double-strand breaks (DSBs) and ATM-dependent signaling pathways.