Aliases for MYO16 Gene
- Myosin XVI 2 3
- Neuronal Tyrosine-Phosphorylated Phosphoinositide-3-Kinase Adaptor 3 2 3
- Neuronal Tyrosine-Phosphorylated Phosphoinositide-3-Kinase Adapter 3 3 4
- Unconventional Myosin-16 3 4
- Myo16b 3 4
- NYAP3 3 4
- Protein Phosphatase 1, Regulatory Subunit 107 3
- Myosin Heavy Chain Myr 8 3
- Regulatory Subunit 107 2
External Ids for MYO16 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for MYO16 Gene
GeneCards Summary for MYO16 Gene
MYO16 (Myosin XVI) is a Protein Coding gene. GO annotations related to this gene include actin binding and actin filament binding. An important paralog of this gene is MYO7A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for MYO16 Gene
Myosins are actin-based motor molecules with ATPase activity. Unconventional myosins serve in intracellular movements. Their highly divergent tails are presumed to bind to membranous compartments, which would be moved relative to actin filaments. May be involved in targeting of the catalytic subunit of protein phosphatase 1 during brain development. Activates PI3K and concomitantly recruits the WAVE1 complex to the close vicinity of PI3K and regulates neuronal morphogenesis (By similarity).