Aliases for MYL6B Gene
- Myosin Light Chain 6B 2 3 5
- Myosin, Light Polypeptide 6B, Alkali, Smooth Muscle And Non-Muscle 2 3
- Myosin, Light Chain 6B, Alkali, Smooth Muscle And Non-Muscle 2 3
- Smooth Muscle And Nonmuscle Myosin Light Chain Alkali 6B 3 4
- Myosin Light Chain 1 Slow-Twitch Muscle A Isoform 3 4
- Myosin Light Chain 1 Slow A 2 3
External Ids for MYL6B Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for MYL6B Gene
Myosin is a hexameric ATPase cellular motor protein. It is composed of two heavy chains, two nonphosphorylatable alkali light chains, and two phosphorylatable regulatory light chains. This gene encodes a myosin alkali light chain expressed in both slow-twitch skeletal muscle and in nonmuscle tissue. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Dec 2010]
GeneCards Summary for MYL6B Gene
MYL6B (Myosin Light Chain 6B) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Cardiac conduction and Aquaporin-mediated transport. GO annotations related to this gene include calcium ion binding and structural constituent of muscle. An important paralog of this gene is MYL3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for MYL6B Gene
Regulatory light chain of myosin. Does not bind calcium.