Aliases for MYL6B Gene
- Myosin Light Chain 6B 2 3 5
- Myosin, Light Polypeptide 6B, Alkali, Smooth Muscle And Non-Muscle 2 3
- Myosin, Light Chain 6B, Alkali, Smooth Muscle And Non-Muscle 2 3
- Smooth Muscle And Nonmuscle Myosin Light Chain Alkali 6B 3 4
- Myosin Light Chain 1 Slow-Twitch Muscle A Isoform 3 4
- Myosin Light Chain 1 Slow A 2 3
External Ids for MYL6B Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for MYL6B Gene
Myosin is a hexameric ATPase cellular motor protein. It is composed of two heavy chains, two nonphosphorylatable alkali light chains, and two phosphorylatable regulatory light chains. This gene encodes a myosin alkali light chain expressed in both slow-twitch skeletal muscle and in nonmuscle tissue. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Dec 2010]
GeneCards Summary for MYL6B Gene
MYL6B (Myosin Light Chain 6B) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Oxytocin signaling pathway and Cardiac conduction. GO annotations related to this gene include calcium ion binding and structural constituent of muscle. An important paralog of this gene is MYL3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for MYL6B Gene
Regulatory light chain of myosin. Does not bind calcium.