Aliases for MUS81 Gene
- MUS81 Structure-Specific Endonuclease Subunit 2 3 5
- SLX3 Structure-Specific Endonuclease Subunit Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- SLX3 Structure-Specific Endonuclease Subunit Homolog 3
- MUS81 Endonuclease Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- MUS81 Endonuclease Homolog (Yeast) 2
- MUS81 Endonuclease Homolog 3
- EC 3.1.22.- 4
- EC 3.1.22 63
- SLX3 3
External Ids for MUS81 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for MUS81 Gene
GeneCards Summary for MUS81 Gene
MUS81 (MUS81 Structure-Specific Endonuclease Subunit) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with MUS81 include bloom syndrome and fanconi anemia, complementation group a. Among its related pathways are DNA Double-Strand Break Repair and Fanconi anemia pathway. GO annotations related to this gene include nuclease activity and 3-flap endonuclease activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for MUS81 Gene
Interacts with EME1 and EME2 to form a DNA structure-specific endonuclease with substrate preference for branched DNA structures with a 5-end at the branch nick. Typical substrates include 3-flap structures, replication forks and nicked Holliday junctions. May be required in mitosis for the processing of stalled or collapsed replication forks.