Aliases for MTERF2 Gene
- Mitochondrial Transcription Termination Factor 2 2 3 4 5
- Mitochondrial Transcription Termination Factor-Like Protein 3 4
- MTERF Domain-Containing Protein 3, Mitochondrial 3 4
- MTERF Domain Containing 3 2 3
- MTERF-Like 3 4
- MTERFD3 3 4
- MTERFL 3 4
- Transcription Termination Factor 2, Mitochondrial 3
- MTERF2 4
External Ids for MTERF2 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for MTERF2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for MTERF2 Gene
MTERF2 (Mitochondrial Transcription Termination Factor 2) is a Protein Coding gene. GO annotations related to this gene include protein homodimerization activity and double-stranded DNA binding. An important paralog of this gene is MTERF1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for MTERF2 Gene
Binds promoter DNA and regulates mitochondrial transcription. Required for normal levels of transcription, both for mRNA and tRNA. Required for normal mitochondrial protein synthesis, assembly of respiratory complexes and normal mitochondrial function (By similarity).