Aliases for MRM1 Gene
- Mitochondrial RRNA Methyltransferase 1 2 3 5
- 16S RRNA (Guanosine(1145)-2-O)-Methyltransferase 3 4
- 16S RRNA [Gm1145] 2-O-Methyltransferase 3 4
- Mitochondrial RRNA Methyltransferase 1 Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- Mitochondrial Large Ribosomal RNA Ribose Methylase 3
- Mitochondrial RRNA Methyltransferase 1 Homolog 3
- RRNA Methyltransferase 1, Mitochondrial 3
- CTB-75G16.3 3
- EC 2.1.1.- 4
External Ids for MRM1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for MRM1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for MRM1 Gene
MRM1 (Mitochondrial RRNA Methyltransferase 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are rRNA processing in the mitochondrion and rRNA processing in the nucleus and cytosol. GO annotations related to this gene include poly(A) RNA binding and methyltransferase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for MRM1 Gene
S-adenosyl-L-methionine-dependent 2-O-ribose methyltransferase that catalyzes the formation of 2-O-methylguanosine at position 1145 (Gm1145) in the 16S mitochondrial large subunit ribosomal RNA (mtLSU rRNA), a universally conserved modification in the peptidyl transferase domain of the mtLSU rRNA.