Aliases for MR1 Gene
- Major Histocompatibility Complex, Class I-Related 2 3
- Major Histocompatibility Complex, Class I-Like Sequence 2 3
- Class I Histocompatibility Antigen-Like Protein 3 4
- MHC Class I-Related Gene Protein 3 4
- HLALS 3 6
- Major Histocompatibility Complex Class I-Related Gene Protein 3
- MHC Class-I Related-Gene Protein 3
- MHC Class I-Like Antigen MR-1 3
External Ids for MR1 Gene
Previous Symbols for MR1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for MR1 Gene
MR1 (Major Histocompatibility Complex, Class I-Related) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with MR1 include microscopic colitis and hemochromatosis. GO annotations related to this gene include antigen binding and MHC class I receptor activity. An important paralog of this gene is HLA-B.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for MR1 Gene
Antigen-presenting molecule specialized in presenting microbial vitamin B metabolites. Involved in the development and expansion of a small population of T-cells expressing an invariant T-cell receptor alpha chain called mucosal-associated invariant T-cells (MAIT). MAIT lymphocytes are preferentially located in the gut lamina propria and therefore may be involved in monitoring commensal flora or serve as a distress signal. Expression and MAIT cell recognition seem to be ligand-dependent.