Aliases for MMD Gene
- Monocyte To Macrophage Differentiation-Associated 2 3
- PAQR11 3 4 6
- Progestin And AdipoQ Receptor Family Member 11 3 4
- Progestin And AdipoQ Receptor Family Member XI 3 4
- MMD1 3 6
- Monocyte To Macrophage Differentiation Protein 3
- Monocyte To Macrophage Differentiation Factor 3
- Macrophage Maturation-Associated 3
- MMA 3
External Ids for MMD Gene
This protein is expressed by in vitro differentiated macrophages but not freshly isolated monocytes. Although sequence analysis identifies seven potential transmembrane domains, this protein has little homology to G-protein receptors and it has not been positively identified as a receptor. A suggested alternative function is that of an ion channel protein in maturing macrophages. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for MMD Gene
MMD (Monocyte To Macrophage Differentiation-Associated) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with MMD include methylmalonic acidemia. GO annotations related to this gene include receptor activity. An important paralog of this gene is MMD2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for MMD Gene
Involved in the dynamics of lysosomal membranes associated with microglial activation following brain lesion.