Aliases for MGAT4C Gene
- MGAT4 Family, Member C 2 3
- Mannosyl (Alpha-1,3-)-Glycoprotein Beta-1,4-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase, Isozyme C (Putative) 2 3
- UDP-N-Acetylglucosamine: Alpha-1,3-D-Mannoside Beta-1,4-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase IVc 3 4
- N-Glycosyl-Oligosaccharide-Glycoprotein N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase IVc 3 4
- N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase IV Homolog 3 4
- N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase IVc 3 4
- GlcNAc-T IVc 3 4
- EC 220.127.116.11 4 63
External Ids for MGAT4C Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for MGAT4C Gene
GeneCards Summary for MGAT4C Gene
MGAT4C (MGAT4 Family, Member C) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with MGAT4C include mannosidosis. Among its related pathways are Biosynthesis of the N-glycan precursor (dolichol lipid-linked oligosaccharide, LLO) and transfer to a nascent protein and Biosynthesis of the N-glycan precursor (dolichol lipid-linked oligosaccharide, LLO) and transfer to a nascent protein. GO annotations related to this gene include alpha-1,3-mannosylglycoprotein 4-beta-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is MGAT4D.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for MGAT4C Gene
Glycosyltransferase that participates in the transfer of N-acetylglucosamine (GlcNAc) to the core mannose residues of N-linked glycans. Catalyzes the formation of the GlcNAcbeta1-4 branch on the GlcNAcbeta1-2Manalpha1-3 arm of the core structure of N-linked glycans. Essential for the production of tri- and tetra-antennary N-linked sugar chains (By similarity). Does not catalyze the transfer of GlcNAc to the Manalpha1-6 arm to form GlcNAcBeta1-4Manalpha1-6 linkage (GnT-VI activity).