Subcategory (RNA class) for MESTIT1 Gene
Quality Score for this RNA gene is
Aliases for MESTIT1 Gene
- MEST Intronic Transcript 1, Antisense RNA 2 3
- MEST Intronic Transcript 1, Antisense RNA (Non-Protein Coding) 2 3
- MEST Antisense RNA 1 (Non-Protein Coding) 2 3
- MEST Intronic Transcript 1 (Non-Protein Coding) 3
- Paternally Expressed Gene, Antisense Transcript 3
- MEST Intronic Transcript (Non-Protein Coding) 3
- Non-Protein Coding RNA 40 2
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for MESTIT1 Gene
This gene encodes a non-protein coding antisense RNA that is imprinted, and preferentially expressed from the paternal allele. It is located in an intron of MEST gene in the opposite orientation, and shares the promoter region in common with one of the promoters (P2) of MEST gene. The antisense RNA is expressed predominantly in testis and mature motile spermatozoa, suggesting that it may be involved in the regulation of MEST expression during development.[provided by RefSeq, Oct 2010]
GeneCards Summary for MESTIT1 Gene
MESTIT1 (MEST Intronic Transcript 1, Antisense RNA) is an RNA Gene, and is affiliated with the antisense RNA class.
fRNAdb sequence ontologies for MESTIT1 Gene
antisense_RNA: Antisense RNA is RNA that is transcribed from the coding, rather than the template, strand of DNA. It is therefore complementary to mRNA.