Aliases for MED6 Gene
- Mediator Complex Subunit 6 2 3 4
- Activator-Recruited Cofactor 33 KDa Component 3 4
- Renal Carcinoma Antigen NY-REN-28 3 4
- ARC33 3 4
- Mediator Of RNA Polymerase II Transcription, Subunit 6 Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- Mediator Of RNA Polymerase II Transcription Subunit 6 3
- CTD-2540L5.5 3
- NY-REN-28 3
- HMed6 4
External Ids for MED6 Gene
GeneCards Summary for MED6 Gene
MED6 (Mediator Complex Subunit 6) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are L1CAM interactions and Metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include transcription factor binding and RNA polymerase II transcription cofactor activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for MED6 Gene
Component of the Mediator complex, a coactivator involved in the regulated transcription of nearly all RNA polymerase II-dependent genes. Mediator functions as a bridge to convey information from gene-specific regulatory proteins to the basal RNA polymerase II transcription machinery. Mediator is recruited to promoters by direct interactions with regulatory proteins and serves as a scaffold for the assembly of a functional preinitiation complex with RNA polymerase II and the general transcription factors.