Aliases for MED31 Gene
- Mediator Complex Subunit 31 2 3 4 5
- Mediator Complex Subunit SOH1 3 4
- HSOH1 3 4
- Soh1 3 4
- Mediator Of RNA Polymerase II Transcription, Subunit 31 Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- Mediator Of RNA Polymerase II Transcription, Subunit 31 Homolog 3
- Mediator Of RNA Polymerase II Transcription Subunit 31 3
- 3110004H13Rik 3
- CGI-125 3
External Ids for MED31 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for MED31 Gene
GeneCards Summary for MED31 Gene
MED31 (Mediator Complex Subunit 31) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Regulation of lipid metabolism by Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha). GO annotations related to this gene include protein complex binding and RNA polymerase II transcription cofactor activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for MED31 Gene
Component of the Mediator complex, a coactivator involved in the regulated transcription of nearly all RNA polymerase II-dependent genes. Mediator functions as a bridge to convey information from gene-specific regulatory proteins to the basal RNA polymerase II transcription machinery. Mediator is recruited to promoters by direct interactions with regulatory proteins and serves as a scaffold for the assembly of a functional preinitiation complex with RNA polymerase II and the general transcription factors.