Aliases for MBOAT4 Gene
- Membrane Bound O-Acyltransferase Domain Containing 4 2 3
- GOAT 3 4 6
- Membrane-Bound O-Acyltransferase Domain-Containing Protein 4 3 4
- O-Acyltransferase (Membrane Bound) Domain Containing 4 2 3
- O-Acyltransferase Domain-Containing Protein 4 3 4
- Ghrelin O-Acyltransferase 2 3
- OACT4 3 4
- EC 2.3.1.- 4
- FKSG89 3
External Ids for MBOAT4 Gene
Previous Symbols for MBOAT4 Gene
GeneCards Summary for MBOAT4 Gene
MBOAT4 (Membrane Bound O-Acyltransferase Domain Containing 4) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Biosynthesis of the N-glycan precursor (dolichol lipid-linked oligosaccharide, LLO) and transfer to a nascent protein and Peptide hormone metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include serine O-acyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is MBOAT7.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for MBOAT4 Gene
Mediates the octanoylation of ghrelin at Ser-3. Can use a variety of fatty acids as substrates including octanoic acid, decanoic acid and tetradecanoic acid.