Aliases for MAT2B Gene
- Methionine Adenosyltransferase II, Beta 2 3
- Putative DTDP-4-Keto-6-Deoxy-D-Glucose 4-Reductase 3 4
- MAT II Beta 3 4
- TGR 3 4
- Beta Regulatory Subunit Of Methionine Adenosyltransferase 3
- Short Chain Dehydrogenase/Reductase Family 23E, Member 1 3
- Short Chain Dehydrogenase/Reductase Family 23E 2
- DTDP-4-Keto-6-Deoxy-D-Glucose 4-Reductase 3
External Ids for MAT2B Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for MAT2B Gene
The protein encoded by this gene belongs to the methionine adenosyltransferase (MAT) family. MAT catalyzes the biosynthesis of S-adenosylmethionine from methionine and ATP. This protein is the regulatory beta subunit of MAT. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms. [provided by RefSeq, Nov 2012]
GeneCards Summary for MAT2B Gene
MAT2B (Methionine Adenosyltransferase II, Beta) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Carbon metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include enzyme binding and coenzyme binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for MAT2B Gene
Non-catalytic regulatory subunit of S-adenosylmethionine synthetase 2 (MAT2A), an enzyme that catalyzes the formation of S-adenosylmethionine from methionine and ATP. Regulates the activity of S-adenosylmethionine synthetase 2 by changing its kinetic properties, rendering the enzyme more susceptible to S-adenosylmethionine inhibition.