Aliases for LSM4 Gene
- LSM4 Homolog, U6 Small Nuclear RNA And MRNA Degradation Associated 2 3 5
- Glycine-Rich Protein 3 4
- GRP 3 4
- LSM4 Homolog, U6 Small Nuclear RNA Associated (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- LSM4 U6 Small Nuclear RNA And MRNA Degradation Associated 3
- LSM4 Homolog, U6 Small Nuclear RNA Associated 3
- U6 SnRNA-Associated Sm-Like Protein LSm4 3
- YER112W 3
External Ids for LSM4 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for LSM4 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the LSm family of RNA-binding proteins. LSm proteins form stable heteromers that bind specifically to the 3'-terminal oligo(U) tract of U6 snRNA and may play a role in pre-mRNA splicing by mediating U4/U6 snRNP formation. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding multiple isoforms have been observed for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Nov 2011]
GeneCards Summary for LSM4 Gene
LSM4 (LSM4 Homolog, U6 Small Nuclear RNA And MRNA Degradation Associated) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are mRNA Splicing - Major Pathway and Deadenylation-dependent mRNA decay. GO annotations related to this gene include poly(A) RNA binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for LSM4 Gene
Binds specifically to the 3-terminal U-tract of U6 snRNA.