Aliases for LSM3 Gene
- LSM3 Homolog, U6 Small Nuclear RNA And MRNA Degradation Associated 2 3 5
- LSM3 Homolog, U6 Small Nuclear RNA Associated (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- LSM3 U6 Small Nuclear RNA And MRNA Degradation Associated 3
- LSM3 Homolog, U6 Small Nuclear RNA Associated 3
- U6 SnRNA-Associated Sm-Like Protein LSm3 3
- YLR438C 3
- SMX4 3
- USS2 3
External Ids for LSM3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for LSM3 Gene
Sm-like proteins were identified in a variety of organisms based on sequence homology with the Sm protein family (see SNRPD2; MIM 601061). Sm-like proteins contain the Sm sequence motif, which consists of 2 regions separated by a linker of variable length that folds as a loop. The Sm-like proteins are thought to form a stable heteromer present in tri-snRNP particles, which are important for pre-mRNA splicing.[supplied by OMIM, Apr 2004]
GeneCards Summary for LSM3 Gene
LSM3 (LSM3 Homolog, U6 Small Nuclear RNA And MRNA Degradation Associated) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are mRNA Splicing - Major Pathway and Deadenylation-dependent mRNA decay. GO annotations related to this gene include poly(A) RNA binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for LSM3 Gene
Binds specifically to the 3-terminal U-tract of U6 snRNA.