Aliases for LSM1 Gene
- LSM1, U6 Small Nuclear RNA Associated 2 3
- Small Nuclear Ribonuclear CaSm 3 4
- CASM 3 4
- LSM1 Homolog, U6 Small Nuclear RNA Associated (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- LSM1 Homolog, U6 Small Nuclear RNA Associated 3
- U6 SnRNA-Associated Sm-Like Protein LSm1 3
- Cancer-Associated Sm-Like Protein 3
- Cancer-Associated Sm-Like 4
- YJL124C 3
External Ids for LSM1 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the LSm family of RNA-binding proteins. LSm proteins form stable heteromers that bind specifically to the 3'-terminal oligo(U) tract of U6 snRNA and may play a role in pre-mRNA splicing by mediating U4/U6 snRNP formation. Increased expression of this gene may play a role in cellular transformation and the progression of several malignancies including lung cancer, mesothelioma and breast cancer. Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been observed for this gene, and a pseudogene of this gene is located on the short arm of chromosome 9. [provided by RefSeq, Nov 2011]
GeneCards Summary for LSM1 Gene
LSM1 (LSM1, U6 Small Nuclear RNA Associated) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with LSM1 include lung cancer and breast cancer. Among its related pathways are Gene Expression and Deadenylation-dependent mRNA decay. GO annotations related to this gene include RNA binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for LSM1 Gene
Plays a role in replication-dependent histone mRNA degradation. Binds specifically to the 3-terminal U-tract of U6 snRNA.