Aliases for LSM1 Gene
- LSM1 Homolog, MRNA Degradation Associated 2 3 5
- LSM1, U6 Small Nuclear RNA Associated 2 3
- Small Nuclear Ribonuclear CaSm 3 4
- Cancer-Associated Sm Protein 2 3
- CASM 3 4
- LSM1 Homolog, U6 Small Nuclear RNA Associated (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- LSM1-Like Protein U6 Small Nuclear RNA Associated 3
- LSM1 Homolog, U6 Small Nuclear RNA Associated 3
External Ids for LSM1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for LSM1 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the LSm family of RNA-binding proteins. LSm proteins form stable heteromers that bind specifically to the 3'-terminal oligo(U) tract of U6 snRNA and may play a role in pre-mRNA splicing by mediating U4/U6 snRNP formation. Increased expression of this gene may play a role in cellular transformation and the progression of several malignancies including lung cancer, mesothelioma and breast cancer. Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been observed for this gene, and a pseudogene of this gene is located on the short arm of chromosome 9. [provided by RefSeq, Nov 2011]
GeneCards Summary for LSM1 Gene
LSM1 (LSM1 Homolog, MRNA Degradation Associated) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with LSM1 include Pancreatic Cancer. Among its related pathways are Deadenylation-dependent mRNA decay and Gene Expression. GO annotations related to this gene include poly(A) RNA binding and RNA cap binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for LSM1 Gene
Plays a role in replication-dependent histone mRNA degradation. Binds specifically to the 3-terminal U-tract of U6 snRNA.