Aliases for LRRC8C Gene
- Leucine Rich Repeat Containing 8 VRAC Subunit C 2 3
- Leucine Rich Repeat Containing 8 Family Member C 2 3 5
- Leucine-Rich Repeat-Containing Protein 8C 3 4
- Factor For Adipocyte Differentiation 158 3 4
- Hypothetical Protein AD158 2 3
- FAD158 3 4
- AD158 3 4
- Volume-Regulated Anion Channel Subunit LRRC8C 3
- Leucine Rich Repeat Containing 8C 3
External Ids for LRRC8C Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for LRRC8C Gene
GeneCards Summary for LRRC8C Gene
LRRC8C (Leucine Rich Repeat Containing 8 VRAC Subunit C) is a Protein Coding gene. An important paralog of this gene is LRRC8E.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for LRRC8C Gene
Non-essential component of the volume-regulated anion channel (VRAC, also named VSOAC channel), an anion channel required to maintain a constant cell volume in response to extracellular or intracellular osmotic changes. The VRAC channel conducts iodide better than chloride and may also conduct organic osmolytes like taurine. Channel activity requires LRRC8A plus at least one other family member (LRRC8B, LRRC8C, LRRC8D or LRRC8E); channel characteristics depend on the precise subunit composition.