Aliases for LRRC8B Gene
- Leucine Rich Repeat Containing 8 VRAC Subunit B 2 3 5
- Leucine Rich Repeat Containing 8 Family Member B 2 3
- T-Cell Activation Leucine Repeat-Rich Protein 3 4
- Leucine-Rich Repeat-Containing Protein 8B 3 4
- TA-LRRP 3 4
- T Cell Activation Leucine Repeat Rich Protein 2
- Volume-Regulated Anion Channel Subunit LRRC8B 3
- KIAA0231 4
- TALRRP 3
External Ids for LRRC8B Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for LRRC8B Gene
GeneCards Summary for LRRC8B Gene
LRRC8B (Leucine Rich Repeat Containing 8 VRAC Subunit B) is a Protein Coding gene. An important paralog of this gene is LRRC8A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for LRRC8B Gene
Non-essential component of the volume-regulated anion channel (VRAC, also named VSOAC channel), an anion channel required to maintain a constant cell volume in response to extracellular or intracellular osmotic changes. The VRAC channel conducts iodide better than chloride and may also conduct organic osmolytes like taurine. Channel activity requires LRRC8A plus at least one other family member (LRRC8B, LRRC8C, LRRC8D or LRRC8E); channel characteristics depend on the precise subunit composition.