Aliases for LGSN Gene
- Lengsin, Lens Protein With Glutamine Synthetase Domain 2 3 5
- Glutamate-Ammonia Ligase Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- GLULD1 3 4
- LGS 3 4
- Glutamate-Ammonia Ligase (Glutamine Synthetase) Domain Containing 1 2
- Glutamate-Ammonia Ligase (Glutamine Synthase) Domain Containing 1 3
- Lens Glutamine Synthase-Like 4
External Ids for LGSN Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for LGSN Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for LGSN Gene
This gene encodes a protein with similarity to the GS I members of the glutamine synthetase superfamily. The encoded protein is referred to as a pseudo-glutamine synthetase because it has no glutamine synthesis activity and may function as a chaperone protein. This protein is localized to the lens and may be associated with cataract disease. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Jan 2009]
GeneCards Summary for LGSN Gene
LGSN (Lengsin, Lens Protein With Glutamine Synthetase Domain) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with LGSN include retinitis pigmentosa. GO annotations related to this gene include glutamate-ammonia ligase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for LGSN Gene
May act as a component of the cytoskeleton or as a chaperone for the reorganization of intermediate filament proteins during terminal differentiation in the lens. Does not seem to have enzymatic activity (By similarity).