Aliases for KDM7A Gene
- Lysine (K)-Specific Demethylase 7A 2 3
- JmjC Domain-Containing Histone Demethylation Protein 1D 3 4
- Lysine-Specific Demethylase 7 3 4
- JHDM1D 3 4
- Jumonji C Domain Containing Histone Demethylase 1 Homolog D (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- Jumonji C Domain Containing Histone Demethylase 1 Homolog D 3
- Jumonji C Domain-Containing Histone Demethylase 1 Homolog D 3
External Ids for KDM7A Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for KDM7A Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for KDM7A Gene
GeneCards Summary for KDM7A Gene
KDM7A (Lysine (K)-Specific Demethylase 7A) is a Protein Coding gene. An important paralog of this gene is KDM2B.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for KDM7A Gene
Histone demethylase required for brain development. Specifically demethylates dimethylated Lys-9 and Lys-27 (H3K9me2 and H3K27me2, respectively) of histone H3 and monomethylated histone H4 Lys-20 residue (H4K20Me1), thereby playing a central role in histone code. Specifically binds trimethylated Lys-4 of histone H3 (H3K4me3), affecting histone demethylase specificity: in presence of H3K4me3, it has no demethylase activity toward H3K9me2, while it has high activity toward H3K27me2. Demethylates H3K9me2 in absence of H3K4me3. Has activity toward H4K20Me1 only when nucleosome is used as a substrate and when not histone octamer is used as substrate.