Aliases for KCNS2 Gene
- Potassium Voltage-Gated Channel Modifier Subfamily S Member 2 2 3 5
- Potassium Voltage-Gated Channel, Delayed-Rectifier, Subfamily S, Member 2 2 3
- Delayed-Rectifier K(+) Channel Alpha Subunit 2 3 4
- Voltage-Gated Potassium Channel Subunit Kv9.2 3 4
- Potassium Voltage-Gated Channel, Modifier Subfamily S, Member 2 2
- Potassium Voltage-Gated Channel Subfamily S Member 2 3
- KIAA1144 4
- KV9.2 3
External Ids for KCNS2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for KCNS2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for KCNS2 Gene
KCNS2 (Potassium Voltage-Gated Channel Modifier Subfamily S Member 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Potassium Channels and Dopamine-DARPP32 Feedback onto cAMP Pathway. GO annotations related to this gene include ion channel activity and delayed rectifier potassium channel activity. An important paralog of this gene is KCNS3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for KCNS2 Gene
Potassium channel subunit that does not form functional channels by itself. Can form functional heterotetrameric channels with KCNB1 and KCNB2; modulates the delayed rectifier voltage-gated potassium channel activation and deactivation rates of KCNB1 and KCNB2.
Voltage-gated potassium channels (KV) belong to the 6-TM family of potassium channel that also comprises the Ca2+-activated Slo (actually 7-TM) and the Ca2+-activated SK subfamilies. The alpha-subunits contain a single pore-forming region and combine to form tetramers.