Aliases for KCNS2 Gene
- Potassium Voltage-Gated Channel Modifier Subfamily S Member 2 2 3
- Potassium Voltage-Gated Channel, Modifier Subfamily S, Member 2 2 3 5
- Potassium Voltage-Gated Channel, Delayed-Rectifier, Subfamily S, Member 2 2 3
- Delayed-Rectifier K(+) Channel Alpha Subunit 2 3 4
- Voltage-Gated Potassium Channel Subunit Kv9.2 3 4
- KIAA1144 4
- KV9.2 3
External Ids for KCNS2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for KCNS2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for KCNS2 Gene
KCNS2 (Potassium Voltage-Gated Channel Modifier Subfamily S Member 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Potassium Channels and Transmission across Chemical Synapses. GO annotations related to this gene include ion channel activity and delayed rectifier potassium channel activity. An important paralog of this gene is KCNB1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for KCNS2 Gene
Potassium channel subunit that does not form functional channels by itself. Can form functional heterotetrameric channels with KCNB1 and KCNB2; modulates the delayed rectifier voltage-gated potassium channel activation and deactivation rates of KCNB1 and KCNB2.
Voltage-gated potassium channels (KV) belong to the 6-TM family of potassium channel that also comprises the Ca2+-activated Slo (actually 7-TM) and the Ca2+-activated SK subfamilies. The alpha-subunits contain a single pore-forming region and combine to form tetramers.