Aliases for KCNK12 Gene
- Potassium Two Pore Domain Channel Subfamily K Member 12 2 3
- Potassium Channel, Two Pore Domain Subfamily K, Member 12 2 3 5
- Tandem Pore Domain Halothane-Inhibited Potassium Channel 2 3 4
- Potassium Channel, Subfamily K, Member 12 2 3
- THIK-2 3 4
- Tandem Pore Domain Potassium Channel THIK-2 3
- K2p12.1 3
- THIK2 3
External Ids for KCNK12 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for KCNK12 Gene
This gene encodes one of the members of the superfamily of potassium channel proteins containing two pore-forming P domains. The product of this gene has not been shown to be a functional channel, however, it may require other non-pore-forming proteins for activity. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for KCNK12 Gene
KCNK12 (Potassium Two Pore Domain Channel Subfamily K Member 12) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Hepatic ABC Transporters and Cardiac conduction. GO annotations related to this gene include potassium channel activity and potassium ion leak channel activity. An important paralog of this gene is KCNK3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for KCNK12 Gene
Probable potassium channel subunit. No channel activity observed in heterologous systems. May need to associate with another protein to form a functional channel (By similarity).