Aliases for KCNK12 Gene
- Potassium Two Pore Domain Channel Subfamily K Member 12 2 3
- Potassium Channel, Two Pore Domain Subfamily K, Member 12 2 3 5
- Tandem Pore Domain Halothane-Inhibited Potassium Channel 2 3 4
- Potassium Channel, Subfamily K, Member 12 2 3
- THIK-2 3 4
- Tandem Pore Domain Potassium Channel THIK-2 3
- K2p12.1 3
- THIK2 3
External Ids for KCNK12 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for KCNK12 Gene
This gene encodes one of the members of the superfamily of potassium channel proteins containing two pore-forming P domains. The product of this gene has not been shown to be a functional channel, however, it may require other non-pore-forming proteins for activity. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for KCNK12 Gene
KCNK12 (Potassium Two Pore Domain Channel Subfamily K Member 12) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Neuropathic Pain-Signaling in Dorsal Horn Neurons and Activation of cAMP-Dependent PKA. GO annotations related to this gene include potassium channel activity and potassium ion leak channel activity. An important paralog of this gene is KCNK3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for KCNK12 Gene
Probable potassium channel subunit. No channel activity observed in heterologous systems. May need to associate with another protein to form a functional channel (By similarity).