Aliases for KCNH3 Gene
- Potassium Channel, Voltage Gated Eag Related Subfamily H, Member 3 2 3
- BEC1 3 4 6
- Potassium Voltage-Gated Channel, Subfamily H (Eag-Related), Member 3 2 3
- Voltage-Gated Potassium Channel Subunit Kv12.2 3 4
- Ether-A-Go-Go-Like Potassium Channel 2 3 4
- Brain-Specific Eag-Like Channel 1 3 4
- ELK Channel 2 3 4
External Ids for KCNH3 Gene
GeneCards Summary for KCNH3 Gene
KCNH3 (Potassium Channel, Voltage Gated Eag Related Subfamily H, Member 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Transmission across Chemical Synapses and Dopamine-DARPP32 Feedback onto cAMP Pathway. GO annotations related to this gene include voltage-gated potassium channel activity and phosphorelay sensor kinase activity. An important paralog of this gene is KCNH1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for KCNH3 Gene
Pore-forming (alpha) subunit of voltage-gated potassium channel. Elicits an outward current with fast inactivation. Channel properties may be modulated by cAMP and subunit assembly
Voltage-gated potassium channels (KV) belong to the 6-TM family of potassium channel that also comprises the Ca2+-activated Slo (actually 7-TM) and the Ca2+-activated SK subfamilies. The pore-forming alpha-subunits contain a single pore-forming region and combine to form tetramers. Heteromeric channels can be formed within subfamilies e.g. KV1.1 with KV1.2 and KCNQ2 with KCNQ3.