Aliases for KAZALD1 Gene
- Kazal-Type Serine Peptidase Inhibitor Domain 1 2 3
- Kazal-Type Serine Protease Inhibitor Domain 1 2 3
- Novel Kazal-Type Serine Protease Inhibitor Domain And Immunoglobulin Domain Containing Protein 3
- Kazal-Type Serine Protease Inhibitor Domain-Containing Protein 1 3
- Bone- And Odontoblast-Expressed Gene 1 3
- IGFBP-Related Protein 10 3
External Ids for KAZALD1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for KAZALD1 Gene
This gene encodes a secreted member of the insulin growth factor-binding protein (IGFBP) superfamily. It contains an N-terminal insulin growth factor-binding domain, a central Kazal-type serine protease inhibitor and follistatin-like domain, and a C-terminal immunoglobulin-like domain. Studies of the mouse ortholog suggest that this gene product may have a function in bone development and bone regeneration. [provided by RefSeq, Feb 2009]
GeneCards Summary for KAZALD1 Gene
KAZALD1 (Kazal-Type Serine Peptidase Inhibitor Domain 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with KAZALD1 include malignant peritoneal mesothelioma. GO annotations related to this gene include insulin-like growth factor binding. An important paralog of this gene is IGFBP7.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for KAZALD1 Gene
Involved in the proliferation of osteoblasts during bone formation and bone regeneration. Promotes matrix assembly (By similarity).