Aliases for IRF9 Gene
- Interferon Regulatory Factor 9 2 3 5
- Interferon-Stimulated Transcription Factor 3, Gamma (48kD) 2 3
- Interferon-Stimulated Transcription Factor 3, Gamma 48kDa 2 3
- IFN-Alpha-Responsive Transcription Factor Subunit 3 4
- Transcriptional Regulator ISGF3 Subunit Gamma 3 4
- Interferon-Stimulated Gene Factor 3 Gamma 3 4
- ISGF3 P48 Subunit 3 4
External Ids for IRF9 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for IRF9 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for IRF9 Gene
GeneCards Summary for IRF9 Gene
IRF9 (Interferon Regulatory Factor 9) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with IRF9 include skin papilloma and ebola hemorrhagic fever. Among its related pathways are Hepatitis C and Influenza A. GO annotations related to this gene include transcription factor activity, sequence-specific DNA binding and regulatory region DNA binding. An important paralog of this gene is IRF3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for IRF9 Gene
Transcription factor that mediates signaling by type I IFNs (IFN-alpha and IFN-beta). Following type I IFN binding to cell surface receptors, Jak kinases (TYK2 and JAK1) are activated, leading to tyrosine phosphorylation of STAT1 and STAT2. IRF9/ISGF3G associates with the phosphorylated STAT1:STAT2 dimer to form a complex termed ISGF3 transcription factor, that enters the nucleus. ISGF3 binds to the IFN stimulated response element (ISRE) to activate the transcription of interferon stimulated genes, which drive the cell in an antiviral state.