Aliases for IMP4 Gene
- IMP4, U3 Small Nucleolar Ribonucleoprotein 2 3 5
- Brix Domain-Containing Protein 4 3 4
- U3 SnoRNP Protein IMP4 3 4
- BXDC4 3 4
- IMP4, U3 Small Nucleolar Ribonucleoprotein, Homolog 3
- IMP4 Homolog, U3 Small Nucleolar Ribonucleoprotein 3
- U3 Small Nucleolar Ribonucleoprotein Protein IMP4 3
- U3 SnoRNP Protein 4 Homolog 3
External Ids for IMP4 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for IMP4 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene, along with IMP3 and MPP10, is part of the 60-80S U3 small nucleolar ribonucleoprotein (U3 snoRNP) complex. This complex is necessary for the early cleavage steps of pre-18S ribosomal RNA processing. Several transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Feb 2016]
GeneCards Summary for IMP4 Gene
IMP4 (IMP4, U3 Small Nucleolar Ribonucleoprotein) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Gene Expression and rRNA processing in the nucleus and cytosol. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include snoRNA binding and rRNA primary transcript binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for IMP4 Gene
Component of the 60-80S U3 small nucleolar ribonucleoprotein (U3 snoRNP). Required for the early cleavages during pre-18S ribosomal RNA processing.