Aliases for IFIT5 Gene
- Interferon Induced Protein With Tetratricopeptide Repeats 5 2 3 5
- Retinoic Acid- And Interferon-Inducible Protein (58kD) 2 3
- Retinoic Acid- And Interferon-Inducible 58 KDa Protein 3 4
- Interferon-Induced 58 KDa Protein 3 4
- IFIT-5 3 4
- ISG58 3 4
- RI58 3 4
- P58 3 4
- Interferon-Induced Protein With Tetratricopeptide Repeats 5 2
External Ids for IFIT5 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for IFIT5 Gene
GeneCards Summary for IFIT5 Gene
IFIT5 (Interferon Induced Protein With Tetratricopeptide Repeats 5) is a Protein Coding gene. GO annotations related to this gene include poly(A) RNA binding and tRNA binding. An important paralog of this gene is IFIT1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for IFIT5 Gene
Interferon-induced RNA-binding protein that specifically binds single-stranded RNA bearing a 5-triphosphate group (PPP-RNA), thereby acting as a sensor of viral single-stranded RNAs. Single-stranded PPP-RNAs, which lack 2-O-methylation of the 5 cap and bear a 5-triphosphate group instead, are specific from viruses, providing a molecular signature to distinguish between self and non-self mRNAs by the host during viral infection. Directly binds PPP-RNA in a non-sequence-specific manner. Also recognizes and binds tRNAs.