Aliases for HSD17B2 Gene
- Hydroxysteroid (17-Beta) Dehydrogenase 2 2 3 5
- Short Chain Dehydrogenase/Reductase Family 9C Member 2 3 4
- Microsomal 17-Beta-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase 3 4
- 17-Beta-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase Type 2 3 4
- 20 Alpha-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase 3 4
- Testosterone 17-Beta-Dehydrogenase 3 4
- 17-Beta-HSD 2 3 4
- 20-ALPHA-HSD 3 4
- EDH17B2 3 4
External Ids for HSD17B2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for HSD17B2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for HSD17B2 Gene
HSD17B2 (Hydroxysteroid (17-Beta) Dehydrogenase 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with HSD17B2 include progesterone resistance and endometriosis of ovary. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Ovarian steroidogenesis. GO annotations related to this gene include oxidoreductase activity and testosterone dehydrogenase (NAD+) activity. An important paralog of this gene is HSD11B2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for HSD17B2 Gene
Capable of catalyzing the interconversion of testosterone and androstenedione, as well as estradiol and estrone. Also has 20-alpha-HSD activity. Uses NADH while EDH17B3 uses NADPH.