Aliases for HS3ST6 Gene
- Heparan Sulfate-Glucosamine 3-Sulfotransferase 6 2 3 5
- Heparan Sulfate D-Glucosaminyl 3-O-Sulfotransferase 6 3 4
- Heparan Sulfate (Glucosamine) 3-O-Sulfotransferase 5 2 3
- Heparan Sulfate (Glucosamine) 3-O-Sulfotransferase 6 2 3
- 3-OST-6 3 4
- HS3ST5 3 4
- Heparan Sulphate D-Glucosaminyl 3-O-Sulfotransferase-3B Like 3
External Ids for HS3ST6 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for HS3ST6 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for HS3ST6 Gene
GeneCards Summary for HS3ST6 Gene
HS3ST6 (Heparan Sulfate-Glucosamine 3-Sulfotransferase 6) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Glycosaminoglycan metabolism and Cytochrome P450 - arranged by substrate type. GO annotations related to this gene include sulfotransferase activity and [heparan sulfate]-glucosamine 3-sulfotransferase 1 activity. An important paralog of this gene is HS3ST3B1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for HS3ST6 Gene
Sulfotransferase that utilizes 3-phospho-5-adenylyl sulfate (PAPS) to catalyze the transfer of a sulfo group to heparan sulfate. The substrate-specific O-sulfation generates an enzyme-modified heparan sulfate which acts as a binding receptor to Herpes Simplex Virus-1 (HSV-1) and permits its entry. Unlike 3-OST-1, does not convert non-anticoagulant heparan sulfate to anticoagulant heparan sulfate.