Aliases for HS3ST6 Gene
- Heparan Sulfate-Glucosamine 3-Sulfotransferase 6 2 3 5
- Heparan Sulfate D-Glucosaminyl 3-O-Sulfotransferase 6 3 4
- Heparan Sulfate (Glucosamine) 3-O-Sulfotransferase 5 2 3
- Heparan Sulfate (Glucosamine) 3-O-Sulfotransferase 6 2 3
- 3-OST-6 3 4
- HS3ST5 3 4
- Heparan Sulphate D-Glucosaminyl 3-O-Sulfotransferase-3B Like 3
External Ids for HS3ST6 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for HS3ST6 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for HS3ST6 Gene
GeneCards Summary for HS3ST6 Gene
HS3ST6 (Heparan Sulfate-Glucosamine 3-Sulfotransferase 6) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with HS3ST6 include Mental Retardation And Microcephaly With Pontine And Cerebellar Hypoplasia. Among its related pathways are Glycosaminoglycan metabolism and Metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include sulfotransferase activity and [heparan sulfate]-glucosamine 3-sulfotransferase 1 activity. An important paralog of this gene is HS3ST3A1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for HS3ST6 Gene
Sulfotransferase that utilizes 3-phospho-5-adenylyl sulfate (PAPS) to catalyze the transfer of a sulfo group to heparan sulfate. The substrate-specific O-sulfation generates an enzyme-modified heparan sulfate which acts as a binding receptor to Herpes Simplex Virus-1 (HSV-1) and permits its entry. Unlike 3-OST-1, does not convert non-anticoagulant heparan sulfate to anticoagulant heparan sulfate.