Aliases for HMGCS1 Gene
- 3-Hydroxy-3-Methylglutaryl-CoA Synthase 1 2 3 5
- 3-Hydroxy-3-Methylglutaryl-Coenzyme A Synthase 1 (Soluble) 2 3
- 3-Hydroxy-3-Methylglutaryl Coenzyme A (HMG-CoA) Synthase 2 3
- 3-Hydroxy-3-Methylglutaryl-CoA Synthase 1 (Soluble) 2 3
- EC 18.104.22.168 4 63
- HMGCS 3 4
- 3-Hydroxy-3-Methylglutaryl Coenzyme A Synthase 4
- HMG-CoA Synthase 4
External Ids for HMGCS1 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for HMGCS1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for HMGCS1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for HMGCS1 Gene
HMGCS1 (3-Hydroxy-3-Methylglutaryl-CoA Synthase 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Terpenoid backbone biosynthesis and Endochondral Ossification. GO annotations related to this gene include protein homodimerization activity and isomerase activity. An important paralog of this gene is HMGCS2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for HMGCS1 Gene
This enzyme condenses acetyl-CoA with acetoacetyl-CoA to form HMG-CoA, which is the substrate for HMG-CoA reductase.