Aliases for HMGCLL1 Gene
- 3-Hydroxymethyl-3-Methylglutaryl-CoA Lyase-Like 1 2 3 5
- Endoplasmic Reticulum 3-Hydroxymethyl-3-Methylglutaryl-CoA Lyase 3 4
- 3-Hydroxymethyl-3-Methylglutaryl-CoA Lyase-Like Protein 1 3 4
- 3-Hydroxymethyl-3-Methylglutaryl-Coenzyme A Lyase-Like 1 2 3
- EC 126.96.36.199 4 63
- Er-CHL 3 4
- Probable 3-Hydroxymethyl-3-Methylglutaryl-CoA Lyase 2 3
- BA418P12.1 3
External Ids for HMGCLL1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for HMGCLL1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for HMGCLL1 Gene
HMGCLL1 (3-Hydroxymethyl-3-Methylglutaryl-CoA Lyase-Like 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Regulation of lipid metabolism by Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) and Valine, leucine and isoleucine degradation. GO annotations related to this gene include lyase activity and hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA lyase activity. An important paralog of this gene is HMGCL.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for HMGCLL1 Gene
Non-mitochondrial 3-hydroxymethyl-3-methylglutaryl-CoA lyase that catalyzes a cation-dependent cleavage of (S)-3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA into acetyl-CoA and acetoacetate, a key step in ketogenesis, the products of which support energy production in nonhepatic animal tissues.