Aliases for GTF3C4 Gene
- General Transcription Factor IIIC Subunit 4 2 3 5
- General Transcription Factor IIIC, Polypeptide 4, 90kDa 2 3
- Transcription Factor IIIC 90 KDa Subunit 3 4
- Transcription Factor IIIC Subunit Delta 3 4
- TFIIIC 90 KDa Subunit 3 4
- TF3C-Delta 3 4
- TFIIIC90 3 4
- General Transcription Factor IIIC, Polypeptide 4 (90kD) 2
External Ids for GTF3C4 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for GTF3C4 Gene
GeneCards Summary for GTF3C4 Gene
GTF3C4 (General Transcription Factor IIIC Subunit 4) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are RNA Polymerase III Transcription Initiation and Gene Expression. GO annotations related to this gene include histone acetyltransferase activity and enzyme activator activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for GTF3C4 Gene
Essential for RNA polymerase III to make a number of small nuclear and cytoplasmic RNAs, including 5S RNA, tRNA, and adenovirus-associated (VA) RNA of both cellular and viral origin. Has histone acetyltransferase activity (HAT) with unique specificity for free and nucleosomal H3. May cooperate with GTF3C5 in facilitating the recruitment of TFIIIB and RNA polymerase through direct interactions with BRF1, POLR3C and POLR3F. May be localized close to the A box.