Aliases for GTF2H3 Gene
- General Transcription Factor IIH Subunit 3 2 3 5
- General Transcription Factor IIH, Polypeptide 3, 34kDa 2 3
- TFIIH Basal Transcription Factor Complex P34 Subunit 3 4
- Basic Transcription Factor 2 34 KDa Subunit 3 4
- General Transcription Factor IIH, Polypeptide 3 (34kD Subunit) 2
- General Transcription Factor IIH Polypeptide 3 4
External Ids for GTF2H3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for GTF2H3 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the TFB4 family. The encoded protein is a subunit of the core-TFIIH basal transcription factor and localizes to the nucleus. The encoded protein is involved in RNA transcription by RNA polymerase II and nucleotide excision repair and associates with the Cdk-activating kinase complex. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. A related pseudogene has been identified on chromosome 14. [provided by RefSeq, Dec 2012]
GeneCards Summary for GTF2H3 Gene
GTF2H3 (General Transcription Factor IIH Subunit 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Assembly of RNA Polymerase-II Initiation Complex and RNA Polymerase II Transcription Initiation And Promoter Clearance. GO annotations related to this gene include transcription factor activity, sequence-specific DNA binding and protein N-terminus binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for GTF2H3 Gene
Component of the core-TFIIH basal transcription factor involved in nucleotide excision repair (NER) of DNA and, when complexed to CAK, in RNA transcription by RNA polymerase II. Anchors XPB.