Aliases for GTF2H3 Gene
- General Transcription Factor IIH Subunit 3 2 3 5
- General Transcription Factor IIH, Polypeptide 3, 34kDa 2 3
- TFIIH Basal Transcription Factor Complex P34 Subunit 3 4
- Basic Transcription Factor 2 34 KDa Subunit 3 4
- General Transcription Factor IIH, Polypeptide 3 (34kD Subunit) 2
- General Transcription Factor IIH Polypeptide 3 4
External Ids for GTF2H3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for GTF2H3 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the TFB4 family. The encoded protein is a subunit of the core-TFIIH basal transcription factor and localizes to the nucleus. The encoded protein is involved in RNA transcription by RNA polymerase II and nucleotide excision repair and associates with the Cdk-activating kinase complex. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. A related pseudogene has been identified on chromosome 14. [provided by RefSeq, Dec 2012]
GeneCards Summary for GTF2H3 Gene
GTF2H3 (General Transcription Factor IIH Subunit 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Activated PKN1 stimulates transcription of AR (androgen receptor) regulated genes KLK2 and KLK3 and RNA Polymerase II Transcription Initiation And Promoter Clearance. GO annotations related to this gene include transcription factor activity, sequence-specific DNA binding and protein N-terminus binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for GTF2H3 Gene
Component of the core-TFIIH basal transcription factor involved in nucleotide excision repair (NER) of DNA and, when complexed to CAK, in RNA transcription by RNA polymerase II. Anchors XPB.