Aliases for GPRC5C Gene
- G Protein-Coupled Receptor Class C Group 5 Member C 2 3
- G Protein-Coupled Receptor, Class C, Group 5, Member C 2 3 5
- G Protein-Coupled Receptor, Family C, Group 5, Member C 2 3
- Retinoic Acid-Induced Gene 3 Protein 3 4
- RAIG-3 3 4
- RAIG3 3 4
- Retinoic Acid Responsive Gene Protein 3
- Orphan G-Protein Coupled Receptor 3
External Ids for GPRC5C Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for GPRC5C Gene
The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the type 3 G protein-coupled receptor family. Members of this superfamily are characterized by a signature 7-transmembrane domain motif. The specific function of this protein is unknown; however, this protein may mediate the cellular effects of retinoic acid on the G protein signal transduction cascade. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for GPRC5C Gene
GPRC5C (G Protein-Coupled Receptor Class C Group 5 Member C) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are GPCRs, Class C Metabotropic glutamate, pheromone. GO annotations related to this gene include G-protein coupled receptor activity. An important paralog of this gene is GPRC5B.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for GPRC5C Gene
This retinoic acid-inducible G-protein coupled receptor provide evidence for a possible interaction between retinoid and G-protein signaling pathways.