Aliases for GPAA1 Gene
- Glycosylphosphatidylinositol Anchor Attachment Protein 1 Homolog (Yeast) 2
- Glycosylphosphatidylinositol Anchor Attachment Protein 1 Homolog 3
- Glycosylphosphatidylinositol Anchor Attachment 1 Protein 3
- GPAA1P Anchor Attachment Protein 1 Homolog (Yeast) 2
- Glycophosphatidylinositol Anchor Attachment 1 3
- GPAA1P Anchor Attachment Protein 1 Homolog 3
External Ids for GPAA1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for GPAA1 Gene
Posttranslational glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI) anchor attachment serves as a general mechanism for linking proteins to the cell surface membrane. The protein encoded by this gene presumably functions in GPI anchoring at the GPI transfer step. The mRNA transcript is ubiquitously expressed in both fetal and adult tissues. The anchor attachment protein 1 contains an N-terminal signal sequence, 1 cAMP- and cGMP-dependent protein kinase phosphorylation site, 1 leucine zipper pattern, 2 potential N-glycosylation sites, and 8 putative transmembrane domains. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for GPAA1 Gene
GPAA1 (Glycosylphosphatidylinositol Anchor Attachment 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Post-translational modification- synthesis of GPI-anchored proteins and Metabolism of proteins. GO annotations related to this gene include tubulin binding and GPI-anchor transamidase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for GPAA1 Gene
Essential for GPI-anchoring of precursor proteins but not for GPI synthesis. Acts before or during formation of the carbonyl intermediate.