Aliases for GIT1 Gene
- G Protein-Coupled Receptor Kinase Interacting ArfGAP 1 2 3
- Cool-Associated And Tyrosine-Phosphorylated Protein 1 3 4
- G Protein-Coupled Receptor Kinase Interactor 1 2 3
- G Protein-Coupled Receptor Kinase-Interactor 1 3 4
- GRK-Interacting Protein 1 3 4
- ARF GAP GIT1 3 4
- CAT-1 3 4
- CAT1 3 4
- ARF GTPase-Activating Protein GIT1 3
External Ids for GIT1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for GIT1 Gene
GIT1 (G Protein-Coupled Receptor Kinase Interacting ArfGAP 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Regulation of actin cytoskeleton and Regulation of actin cytoskeleton. An important paralog of this gene is GIT2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for GIT1 Gene
GTPase-activating protein for the ADP ribosylation factor family. May serve as a scaffold to bring together molecules to form signaling modules controlling vesicle trafficking, adhesion and cytoskeletal organization. Increases the speed of cell migration, as well as the size and rate of formation of protrusions, possibly by targeting PAK1 to adhesions and the leading edge of lamellipodia. Sequesters inactive non-tyrosine-phosphorylated paxillin in cytoplasmic complexes. Involved in the regulation of cytokinesis; the function may involve SDCCAG3 and PTPN13 (By similarity).