Aliases for GCNT4 Gene
- Glucosaminyl (N-Acetyl) Transferase 4, Core 2 2 3
- Glucosaminyl (N-Acetyl) Transferase 4, Core 2 (Beta-1,6-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase) 2 3
- Core 2 Beta-1,6-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase 3 2 3
- Core2-GlcNAc-Transferase 3 3 4
- Core 2-Branching Enzyme 3 3 4
- C2GNT3 3 4
- Beta-1,3-Galactosyl-O-Glycosyl-Glycoprotein Beta-1,6-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase 4 2
- EC 220.127.116.11 4
External Ids for GCNT4 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for GCNT4 Gene
GeneCards Summary for GCNT4 Gene
GCNT4 (Glucosaminyl (N-Acetyl) Transferase 4, Core 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Transport to the Golgi and subsequent modification and Metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include acetylglucosaminyltransferase activity and N-acetyllactosaminide beta-1,6-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is GCNT1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for GCNT4 Gene
Glycosyltransferase that mediates core 2 O-glycan branching, an important step in mucin-type biosynthesis. Does not have core 4 O-glycan or I-branching enzyme activity.