Aliases for GALNT5 Gene
- Polypeptide N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 5 2 3
- Polypeptide GalNAc Transferase 5 2 3 4
- UDP-N-Acetyl-Alpha-D-Galactosamine:Polypeptide N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 5 (GalNAc-T5) 2 3
- UDP-GalNAc:Polypeptide N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 5 3 4
- Protein-UDP Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 5 3 4
- Pp-GaNTase 5 3 4
- EC 220.127.116.11 4 63
- GALNAC-T5 3 4
- GALNACT5 3
External Ids for GALNT5 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for GALNT5 Gene
GeneCards Summary for GALNT5 Gene
GALNT5 (Polypeptide N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 5) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Transport to the Golgi and subsequent modification and Metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include carbohydrate binding and polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is GALNT4.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for GALNT5 Gene
Catalyzes the initial reaction in O-linked oligosaccharide biosynthesis, the transfer of an N-acetyl-D-galactosamine residue to a serine or threonine residue on the protein receptor. Has activity toward EA2 peptide substrate, but has a weak activity toward Muc2 or Muc1b substrates (By similarity).