Aliases for GABARAPL2 Gene
- GABA Type A Receptor Associated Protein Like 2 2 3
- GABA(A) Receptor-Associated Protein Like 2 2 3 5
- Golgi-Associated ATPase Enhancer Of 16 KDa 3 4
- GABA(A) Receptor-Associated Protein-Like 2 3 4
- General Protein Transport Factor P16 3 4
- MAP1 Light Chain 3-Related Protein 3 4
- Ganglioside Expression Factor 2 3 4
- GATE-16 3 4
External Ids for GABARAPL2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for GABARAPL2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for GABARAPL2 Gene
GABARAPL2 (GABA Type A Receptor Associated Protein Like 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with GABARAPL2 include Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Type 14. Among its related pathways are Circadian entrainment and Regulation of autophagy. GO annotations related to this gene include microtubule binding and SNARE binding. An important paralog of this gene is MAP1LC3C.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for GABARAPL2 Gene
Ubiquitin-like modifier involved in intra-Golgi traffic. Modulates intra-Golgi transport through coupling between NSF activity and SNAREs activation. It first stimulates the ATPase activity of NSF which in turn stimulates the association with GOSR1 (By similarity). Involved in autophagy. Plays a role in mitophagy which contributes to regulate mitochondrial quantity and quality by eliminating the mitochondria to a basal level to fulfill cellular energy requirements and preventing excess ROS production. Whereas LC3s are involved in elongation of the phagophore membrane, the GABARAP/GATE-16 subfamily is essential for a later stage in autophagosome maturation.