Aliases for GABARAPL1 Gene
- GABA Type A Receptor Associated Protein Like 1 2 3 5
- GABA(A) Receptor-Associated Protein-Like 1 3 4
- Glandular Epithelial Cell Protein 1 3 4
- Early Estrogen-Regulated Protein 3 4
- GEC-1 3 4
- GEC1 3 4
- Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid Receptor-Associated Protein-Like 1 3
- GABA(A) Receptor-Associated Protein Like 1 2
External Ids for GABARAPL1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for GABARAPL1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for GABARAPL1 Gene
GABARAPL1 (GABA Type A Receptor Associated Protein Like 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with GABARAPL1 include Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Type 14 and Retinitis Pigmentosa. Among its related pathways are GABAergic synapse and FoxO signaling pathway. GO annotations related to this gene include microtubule binding and GABA receptor binding. An important paralog of this gene is GABARAP.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for GABARAPL1 Gene
Ubiquitin-like modifier that increases cell-surface expression of kappa-type opioid receptor through facilitating anterograde intracellular trafficking of the receptor. Involved in formation of autophagosomal vacuoles. Whereas LC3s are involved in elongation of the phagophore membrane, the GABARAP/GATE-16 subfamily is essential for a later stage in autophagosome maturation.